Volunteer Innovations Manager – Fixed-term contract (18 months)
11th April 2019
Closing date: Friday, 10 May 2019
Helpforce’s ‘volunteering innovations’ are a key element of our strategy for growing and improving health volunteering, and better supporting NHS patients, staff, services and volunteers.
We have recently announced 12 NHS Trusts that will work with Helpforce to evidence, develop, and scale ‘volunteering innovations’ such as initiatives around ED, End of life, Hospital to home, and Mental health support.
We are looking for an experienced project manager to coordinate the production of these volunteering innovations, and ‘package’ them up so they can be adopted by all NHS trusts and thus scaled UK wide.
The project manager will work closely with Helpforce’s Regional Leads, NHS trusts, voluntary sector partners and other stakeholders to ensure a timely and methodical approach. The initial priority will be developing the packaged innovation for ‘End of Life’ working with a cohort of national experts and partners.
We expect this to be up to 35 hours of work per week in various flexible locations. It can be primarily home based, and will involve travel to our London office and to venues around the UK as we convene and host ‘cohorts’ of NHS trusts and partners to co-produce the packaged innovations.
- Produce and manage the project plan to indicate which innovations we will package up in what order
- Coordinate and convene ‘innovation cohorts’ (including NHS trusts, voluntary sector partners, and experts) for our priority innovations, starting with End of Life
- Co-design what is needed in the ‘package’ for each innovation, e.g. evidence, case studies, training, advice & principles, contacts, guidance, online resources
- Package up an existing innovation (Bleep volunteers) that has already scaled across NHS to provide an early example of a packaged innovation
- Work with Helpforce leadership to plan how we can encourage adoption of the packaged innovations, to ensure they are scaled across the UK
- Manage the interface between ‘Wave 2 projects’, the NHS trusts and the Regional leads, so you can collect the evidence and materials needed for the packages
- Providing support and advice to project steering groups
- Ensuring timely correspondence with NHS Trusts
- Coordinate and communicate with Helpforce team regarding project timetables
- Track and monitor many tasks across multiple work streams simultaneously
- Deliver projects on time and in budget
Overall, we are looking for someone who is enthusiastic for our mission of growing health volunteering, that is self motivated, and has experience of scaling services across the NHS. A sound knowledge of managing complex projects involving diverse stakeholders is essential.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Previous healthcare or NHS work experience
- Experience planning and delivering multiple projects
- Can package up services into a product
- Co-design skills
- Able to lead workshops
- IT literate
- Prince2 qualification
- Ability to make informed decisions
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible working pattern
- Knowledge of a framework or process for implementing services, e.g. CFIR
- Experience of successfully delivering products/ services in the NHS across multiple Trusts
- Comfortable using Google Suite
- Qualifications linked to Quality Improvement or skills related to monitoring/evaluation planning and management
- Interest in or experience of volunteering
What we are offering:
- We will also consider a contractor/freelancer for this position
- Annual leave 25 days plus bank holidays
- Individual training support to help develop your skills
- Company Pension (5% matched)
- Flexible working
- 1 day per month volunteering allowance
To complete your application please send you CV and cover letter to Hilary Laing at [email protected]. Early applications are encouraged, with the successful applicant having a possible immediate start.